Saturday, January 30, 2010

Trusting in the Process...and Carbs


This week was chaotic. I started some new jobs, packed, unpacked, repacked, discovered my scale wasn't properly zeroed (I thought the baguette and a half at lunch was more then usual), jumped almost 400 jumps without stopping, finally got a chance to box and punched out the stressed about moving day, which is tomorrow! Finally! A home. A place to do my incline pull-ups without breaking furniture. A huge kitchen in which to experiment with fish.

As far as our new diets go, mine looks almost the same as last week. It did make the skeptic in me go hmmm. Especially since the other peakers have reduced carb grams. But, alas. I must continue to devour loaves of salt-free whole wheat bread. Que pena! For a moment I thought about secretly slashing grams myself, because I just can't believe I deserve all this bread and pasta! What's up, dude?

Remember when Lindsey Lohan gives Regina those Caltine bars in Mean Girls, promising weight loss? And then...you know what happened.



Jokes aside. My insides feel hella clean and I have a moderate amout of energy despite having slept for two hours last night (must work on that). So, here is my Week 3 photo. This is what happens when I have to set up cameras myself. Good luck, my fellow Peakers!







4 comments:

  1. Yay! for moving to your home and yay! for rockin' the pull-ups (however far you might get is completely inspirational for those of us still unable to any at all... *sheepishly raises hand*). Looking forward to the New Home photos next week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're not too concerned with getting your body fat down yet Shivani, that can come in the last half of the project. What we want for you is to get some serious layers of muscle on. Then the fat will drop and you'll be chiseled.

    Keep trusting us, we'll do you right!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This process has made me rediscover my love of bread...thank you for proving how silly those low carb diets have been.

    ReplyDelete