Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Yogamotions


It's the fifth day. Cinco de Diet. Things are going swell eating wise. I thought I'd be reaching for all the stuff I know I won't be able to eat/drink, in oh, two days, but I just didn't have time. I'm going through a demoralizing process called the New York (in this case, Brooklyn) Apartment Hount. Worse than holding plank for six days. Worse than giving up chocolate for life, which I would so do if someone could just hand me my dream apartment on a platter. Slathered in butter cream frosting. With a cherry on top.

Today I was at a friend's house for my workout. I'm sure both his neighbors and his dog appreciated my thumping. Sans jump rope, I tried to emulate the motions and intensity of skipping by doing something my boxing coach taught me: jump forward and back instead of just straight up and down. My knees were hurting a bunch so I hit hot yoga, where I proceeded to sob through half my poses. Google confirms that shedding tears is normal when stretching, but I wasn't ready.

It's a good thing I was also sweating buckets, so no one noticed my tears of...joy? Sorrow? Stress? Something had to be released, emptied.

So I'll say later on and leave you with a quote by Isak Dinesen. Words to live by: "The cure for anything is salt water - sweat, tears, or the sea.”

3 comments:

  1. People cry in yoga all the time. Not weird.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shivani, good luck finding your dream apartment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. People do cry in yoga all the time. Sometimes you do not know where it comes from, just a release of something your body didn't need anymore.

    You are able to give up chocolate for your dream body! Wha who!

    You will do awesome these next couple months.

    ReplyDelete