Monday, March 22, 2010

Gone in 60 Seconds: You Are How You Eat


So, foodwise I've been pretty much havin' a blast here on PCP (I know, Patrick, it's gonna get rough!). But so far, this beats any plan I've ever been on. Veggies? Sky's the limit! Carbs? Choose complexly! Fruit? Strawberries are the new bonbons, and a grilled banana now rivals the cookie in my heart.

However, the manner in which I consume my dainty, ladylike portions is pretty atrocious. I can blame it on my skull-crushing schedule, but it doesn't change the fact that I'm capable of scarfing down 180 grams of couscous in, say, 60 seconds. Faster than you can hold plank or finish one set of those ass-kicking bicycles!

I fling egg whites into my mouth while hacking up veggies and heating up the Foreman grill, and type emails with one hand and tear apart steamed broccoli stalks with the other. Last night I ate my yogurt "treat" straight out of the ml measuring cup while finishing up some reading for class. I know, I know. Can I get some ambiance people? Or, at the very least, a doily?



In honor of my indigestion and sleep-deprived insane brain, I have some new goals this week. Namely, to take time out and concentrate on the sensual experience of eating (egg whites need love, too). Heather's food always looks so elegant and gorgeous, and though my work schedule doesn't allow for candlelight, place mats, or even more than 20 minutes of lunch breakin', I'm going to try to make the best of my tupperware meals.




But anyway, good times ahead. Spring Break! I may not be going to Cancun but I'm really looking forward to a more restful last leg.

Hope the rest of you are going strong!

3 comments:

  1. Great goal, to spend more time noticing what you're eating. It's one area where PCP lets people down, I find myself scarfing food sometimes, and then I go on a podcast and tell people not to do stuff like that once a week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Though we do not have dining chairs, we totally have candles, Shivani. Make use of 'em, gurl! I've been so impressed with your discipline throughout this process! Inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wonder if quinoa makes a good mask for the face. You know, in case you fall asleep on it just like the little girl above :)

    ReplyDelete