Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Day 83 - 8 minute legs. Who knew?



I kind of love this video (where can I get that wrestling suit?) which I stumbled upon after 8 minute abs. It reminds me of a Buns of Steel videotape I had in college, way back in the 90's. Yeah, I said videotape. I might have played it on a Betamax in my dorm lounge, every week after watching Beverly Hills, 90210....the Shannen Doherty version.

I remember the episode in which Kelly Taylor gets addicted to diet pills. I'll admit, I tried those crazy things in the 8th grade. All they did was make me want to puke - though they did help me stay up to write a paper on The Glass Menagerie.

Which reminds me of how much I've always wanted to change my body, superficially. I might have told my group this, or blogged about this 86 times (sorry if this is turning into an episode of group therapy, but I've been flashing back to a lifetime of body issues for 83 days now, so hear a sister out!), but I think I've been hatin' on my shape since the age of 13. And yeah, I like my new stomach and the fact that I had to buy new jeans, and the affirmations that are coming from folks all around, but most importantly, I can't believe some of the changes that are going on inside.

If I shrink, swell, loosen, tighten, I'm quite sure I can handle it now. Without a stupid pack of caffeine pills and oh, that useless gym membership...which reminds me of our homework, which I'm putting off because of The Un-trained Trainers.

Since that lousy episode in which I was told I was basically an unfit lumplump, two more Crunch gym fitness "professionals" have tried to point out my various flaws and make useless conversation as I worked out at their establishment.

As per Crunch Laws, April is my final month, so I'll be back to complete Patrick's assignment. Untrained Trainer better recognized because this time, I'm fully armed!

Peace out!

1 comment:

  1. I remember seeing the following comment under the 8 min legs video once.

    "Love that outfit! It's like he escaped from gay jail!"

    ReplyDelete