Thursday, April 8, 2010

Day 84 - Bye, bye Joe.


This is what my hands feel like. My ring, which was sliding off my finger last week, won't budge now. My stomach is bloated, even in the morning, and my face looks puffy. I know my indulgence was a little out of control, but, come on now. Excess fluid be gone already!

I'm trying to narrow down the culprit.Maybe it was the boiled shrimp I bought at the market the other day for dinner. As I ate, I knew something was wrong, but this was the Cranky Starving Day From Hell so I kept going. Sure enough, after I checked the package I saw "salt" listed under the ingredients, along with some other weird chemicals. I threw the rest of the pack out and felt nasty all night. But that was two days ago.

So let's be real. It's probably the coffee. Right? I did some research and couldn't figure out if it's the caffeine or the actual coffee that leads to water retention...just as an experiment, I'm going to try and keep it to one cup a day, and replace the afternoon cups with green tea. The coffee addiction costs too much anyway, throws my milk grams off, and dries my mouth out. And most importantly, it doesn't alleviate the pain/misery of whatever I'm doing to crave it in the first place!

So, bye bye Afternoon Joe (Morning, you're still mine). We've had some good times. I'll always love you. Let's be friends, though, k? XOXO

3 comments:

  1. Without a doubt it was the salt. Cool huh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm trying to break it off with my afternoon coffee delight, but my Joe is a persistent suitor. Do they make coffee-flavored green tea?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm going to try to find this stuff (geen tea matcha):

    http://www.o-cha.com/powdered-green-tea.htm

    PCPers before us have sung its praises - I think you can make lattes with it!

    Right now I'm sippin' on Blueberry Green Tea. Pretty good stuff!

    ReplyDelete