Monday, April 12, 2010

Day 88 - So Emotional



I feel you, Whitney-girl.

Today I broke down in the middle of my ab workout. I mean, I actually sobbed a little. My body felt like a seesaw as I tried to modify the v-sit (every time I write that, BTW, I write "V-shit"). And you know how I feel about the plank. My body was jerky and off-balance, and I felt the burn everywhere but my core: in my shoulders, neck, legs. Legs? Somewhere around set four I felt the frustration of not being able to do these right, and then I was frustrated with my frustration. I'm starting to see a pattern here.

In order to spread a little sunshine on my otherwise bleak day, I've decided to make a list of things I've accomplished over these last 88 days. To be honest, this feels a bit awkward because I was raised to be overly modest. I'm much more familiar with berating (as opposed to and boosting) myself.

But not today, folks! Here are the things I'm frickin' proud of:

1. I met this challenge during one of the busiest, coldest, craziest 90 days of my life.

2. I went down two jean sizes!

3. I can finally do this pose (pictures to come when my photographer comes home):



4. I bared my mid-drift to the world

5. I learned how to have fun sans alcohol

6. I learned how to relax sans alcohol

7. I learned how to be honest sans alcohol

8. I'm celebrating Day 90 SANS ALCOHOL (instead I'll be reading from my novel-in-progress at an art exhibition in Brooklyn)

9. I went from breathless at 400 jumps to 23 minutes of continuous, joyful, energetic jumping!

10. I can sit up straight without being told

I'm sure there's more, but I gotta save something for the finale!

Hope you're all feeling this accomplished!

3 comments:

  1. Shivani, you did a great job, that you're looking great is just the cherry on top of those other accomplishments.
    You did it so well!!! now I'm emotional. A big hug

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shivani, just so you know, I'm aspiring for your abs by the end of PCP. Forget Jennifer Aniston, I want your results!! You look amazing :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the brag list. Keep it going!

    ReplyDelete