Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Day 90 - Open Up Your BADASS CHAKRA


That's what I'm talking about. Day 90!!!!! I decided to do my badass/triumphant/queen of the world pose, though I'm not quite ready to impart "final" thoughts, just day 90 thoughts. Which means, lucky reader, that you can expect at least one more heart-wrenching, (Brazilian) poetic wax before this baby is officially complete...

But here's how I feel now...


On the brink of something. On the edge as opposed to the peak. Amazing, but emotional (what's with me and the beginnings and ends of things?).

This morning I woke up like it was Christmas - excited as hell and ready to see what was waiting for me (under my clothes, perhaps?). I roused my faithful photographer to take some pics, and weighed myself with a bit of trepidation. That was a bit of a shocker. According to the powers that be I've lost 10 LBS!! Hell yeah!

I happily ate up my PCP breakfast, lunch, and snacks, and reworked part of my oh-so neglected novel for the night's reading. As I re-visited this other enormous, life-changing project of mine, I tried to imagine what the rest of my world would be like if I applied PCP-esque discipline to the parts I'd like to make over.

I wonder if I can design and adhere to a strict program to accomplish my creative pursuits. Can't I be as disciplined with the way I write as I was with measuring grams and reps? Something I'll reflect on in the next few days. Like, maybe I'll start setting daily word quotas for myself. And pages. And restrict my intake of television.

As for today's workout, I chose Lucky Number 13. Yeah yeah yeah. It was as you expected - hella easy!! I will say that the shoulder raises were not effortless. And that I still love me some lunges...but what a frickin' hoot it was to see how far we've come. Patrick is a genius that way, raising things ever so slightly, until before you know it you're going beyond (and then WAY beyond) your imagined, self-imposed limits.

To celebrate this beginning/end, I had a bit of wine. I mean, a bit. Within just a few sips I was flushed and drowsy. I came home and ate what I will now and forever call the PCP smorgasbard mush - comprised of the excess remnants of the meals of PCPs past. I'm talking about those protein and carb grams that exceed a particular meal's allotment and thus get shoved off the scale and into tupperware or baggies or foil until you need them later. So, now you can see why I never took pics of my food (because most of the time, it looked like this):



Bfore I pass out, let's do a little retrospective...I'VE BEEN SO WAITING TO DO THIS.
Here's me on Day 1...


......and here's me now:


I'm thrilled, elated, proud, and suddenly, exhausted.

Before I pass out I want to say CONGRATULATIONS to my dope, killer, kickass team, and send some huge hugs to Patrick and Chen across the Pacific. Hi-five ya'll! More to come!

11 comments:

  1. Congratulations, Shivani. You look fantastic! Powerful garota!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poca, you look AMAZING. Congratulations—all that hard work paid off in droves!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. Amazing results. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome! and quite inspiring as I start my first day of PCP!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job Poca! Wow, 10lbs. I can't believe how much weight everyone lost. So amazing. You're a total ass-kicker. CONGRATULATIONS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. THAT'S MY SISTER! God damn, who knew we had 8-pack ab genes in us! You are officially hired as my personal PCP coach. I'll pay you in kale. XX

    ReplyDelete
  7. FIERCE! Can't wait to see you in the roda.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Totally fabu!! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You look amazing and happy .... Congratulations! I'm really proud of you!

    ReplyDelete