Thursday, February 25, 2010

Abs and Isolation



I didn't find the 8 minute abs particularly exciting. I wanted some hardcore Pilates moves--you know, teasers, drawing circles with your toes and what not. I have this not so cute flap of skin below my belly that I'd like to part ways with, but it's got separation anxiety.

So I poked around and found some other fun things to do with my midsection, like this belly roll! Imagine rolling your new six pack around on day 90!

And, next time I go to Brazil, I'm doing these, preferably with a descendant of the Gracie family:



In other news, my muscles aren't the only things I've been isolating. You know that ridiculous anti-depressant commercial that goes, Where does depression hurt? (Oh America, I love how you try to sell us drugs and transfats at every possible interval!) Well, my depression is most definitely in my knees. The right one feels like it's on fire sometimes, and my mood is pretty much like the weather - gray and nasty.

Maybe the feelings I'd normally numb with alcohol and pad thai are surfacing and I have to let them just flow up and away like the flab and toxins. Funk be gone!

4 comments:

  1. You're going to love kung fu sit-ups

    ReplyDelete
  2. What are you doing for the knee? Mine seems to be getting better.
    I jump with an elastic bandage and sometimes ice and elevation seem to help against that fire sensation:

    http://sportsmedicine.about.com/cs/rehab/a/rice.htm

    Very soon winter will be over and the mood will get brighter and warmer as well. Hang on!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmm, I can see that knees are an issue in our group. Hope it clears up soon Shivani, you are really getting some good results from the PCP - your photos are looking great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your results are looking really good Shivani! Hope the knees get well soon!

    ReplyDelete