Monday, February 22, 2010

Don't Know What You Got Til It's Gone


I'm talking to you, dinner carbs. Why'd you have to go and leave me?

I know we've had a rocky past - we fell in love so fast, though at times I doubted you. But things are different now. I've totally changed. COME BACK.

Alright, so I'm going a little nuts because I'm really hungry. I didn't buy enough vegetables to last me through the day so I picked this up from the Chinese restaurant down the block. I thought long and hard about inhaling the rice (no one was looking). Eventually I left it there, dejected. Forlorn.

Now I'm trying to make my milk and fruit allotment taste decadent. I boiled the milk, added some turmeric because my people say the spice is an appetite suppressant (yeah cuz it tastes like clay!). Seriously, when you combine turmeric with milk it's supposed to heal your stomach, anti-inflame, and solve all your problems or something. When my masi made it for me way back when, it was delicious (probably had something to do with the saffron, sugar, cardamom).

On top of the hunger, my muscles had zero strength today. I couldn't finish the floor jumps, and I barely made it through the shoulder raises. Maybe it's the length of my band, maybe it's me. The dips are more like dipettes -- are ya'll using chairs for this?? I don't know any chair that can bear my weight. I don't think I made it to 10 push-ups without having to do them on my knees...

I hope the rest of you are feeling stronger than I am!

2 comments:

  1. These weak days are absolutely crucial. Mark my words, in the next 3 or 4 days you'll have an amazing day of super-strength.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm also feeling weak!!!!!!!!!!

    I need that super-strength day soon.

    ReplyDelete