Thursday, February 11, 2010

Hunger!

I've finally gotten used to this constant eating and I'm worried! It's 10:30 a.m. and I've already polished off my breakfast and morning snack...seriously, I'm salivating.

I'm having some trouble with the workouts; specifically, keeping my body in balance for those floor jumps (um, has anyone else just toppled over while doing these? And how do you land?), and transitioning between the V sits (do your legs touch the floor between each one?).

My jumps were a mess last night. I need a new rope. I lose count, space out, wonder if I'm on 400 or 800...curse my "stability sneakers" which make my legs feel more like lead.

I'm also having preemptive panic attacks about Patrick's mention about living a coffee-free existence. I'm not going to think about it (LIVE IN THE NOW!) but, I had some nightmares last night.

Kidding, sort of.

Any past PCPers out there who can tell me how you survived without coffee, the nectar of the gods???

5 comments:

  1. Shivani, *exactly* the same thing happens to me - I count in multiples of 20 and I forget which multiple I'm on - 40 or 60? I usually do another 20 just so I can't slack off.

    And please please please don't let me be separated from my lovely tea. There are some things that are a step too far.

    ReplyDelete
  2. One thing I found helpful on jumping (albeit, a bit late—i.e., just days before actual timed jumps started) was to time my jumps one day while I was counting. Then the next day I could set the timer to countdown, and while I still counted just to be sure, it was easier not to lose track...perhaps it took off the pressure?

    Nickety, don't worry...no one will take away your tea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I count my jumps with objects lying around. There are lots of boxes of juice in the basement where I jump, so I put in front of me let's say 13 boxes for 1300 jumps to have a visual reference. Every time I stop I move to the side as many boxes as jumps I've done, so that way I only count till 100 and visualize a box.
    I do get thirsty with this method!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do sets of 100. After every 100 I put a line on a piece of paper. This also gives me a second to stretch my calves, because I still have a slight problem with them tightening up too much.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hot Green Tea and Vitamin C for a quick pick me up.....not a permanent solution but it worked

    ReplyDelete