Sunday, February 28, 2010

Natural Disasters


This morning I opened Patrick's e-mail and wished I'd read it before I polished off those extra spoonfuls of quinoa flakes, about 50 grams over my morning allotment. Yeah, 50 grams of extra cereal probably won't bust my belt open, but it's the principle. Thanks for the reminder, Patrick. Developing consistency is an enormous challenge for me.

Guess I felt "justified" because I missed several servings of egg whites/yogurt/fruit and my dinner yesterday (And I once read that "your diet is a bank account." Yes, I tried to memorize last year's Naturally Thin).

Yesterday's appetite might have been squashed by Hawai'i tsunami-related panic, disaster-related sadness and overall feelings of powerlessness regarding the earthquake in Chile. My homesickness/mom-sicknesses/sun-sickness and bad case of island saudades died down this morning but my appetite was out of control. Hence the quinoa related indulgence.

Now onto fitness. I actually used a timer to do my planks. DAMN. Tick, tock, barf. I almost fainted after the first two sets. But I liked it! My shoulders are also in a lot of pain this week. I can't seem to raise my arms high enough during the shoulder raises, and the amount of push-ups I can do on my toes has gone down a bit. I've done hours and hours of computer work these last few days, which probably doesn't help. Any ideas on how to make your workspace more ergonomic and wrist/shoulder/neck friendly?



And, oh, SNAP. I totally forgot that this is our halfway mark! Congratulations, team! Change the lyrics here to "livin' on egg whites" for added fun.


2 comments:

  1. You are looking great! look at those abs and arms!!!
    Ready for the next 45?

    I hope everything is fine at home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woman, you're looking foxy.
    Sending good vibes your way, feeling homesick is the yuck.

    ReplyDelete