Saturday, February 13, 2010

Day 30. Love yourself!

I can't believe we're a third of the way there! That is, if we think of this process as having an "end." I hope it's just the beginning. I've been tired and cranky and craving things but physically I can do more--like carry 56 pounds of laundry like, 20 blocks (ok it was only 25 pounds and it was a block and half, but still, I had a computer, a bag full of books and another bag full of housewares, so there).

These past few workouts have sort of killed me. My knee has been bothering me - all tight and achy on the right side and behind so that it hurts to straighten it. I could count the number of times I fell during the floor jumps, which is an improvement from the first time - I kept tipping forward and met my granite countertop with a nice little smack. I think the last time I hit my head on the edge of the counter I was about three. I also catapulted (an attempt to save myself) into an open electrical socket while trying to turn my living room into a racetrack (was trying to do make all 40 creeps in one "lap"). Think we'll have to child poof our apartment.

Since love is in the air, allow me to partake in this consumer madness.

All I want for Valentine's Day is this she-rope. A digital jumprope that counts! And comes in pink! Because counting is too hard for this attention deficient girl. I tried you know, stacking coins and then removing one each time I completed 100 jumps, but I found it too much of an interruption. Plus, this rope costs less than a dozen roses this time of year!


Also, if you're listening, darling, I wouldn't mind a box of these:



The PCP version of course.

I'm thinking I'll save my indulgence for tomorrow. I've agonized about how to treat myself and after ogling a pastry case at my favorite cafe and fondling a bottle of Malbec the other day (think the sales guy was going to ask me to ahem, leave), I decided to just wait until the time was right, whenever that is...

6 comments:

  1. I think out of all the PCP'ers I notice the most change in you. You look amazing!! Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look rad, my valentine! I'm gonna buy you the SHE-ROPE!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't be crazy! If your smacking yourself and knocking your head on stuff, keep your arms out!

    Is there a he-rope?

    ReplyDelete
  4. yeah, I just figured that out Patrick. Gotta pay more attention to the photos & tips @ at the top of our workout sheets. Things were better this morning.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cake...must...not...think of...cake.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad you're not seriously injured--your tales of toppling made me giggle. I'm not exactly superb with equilibrium myself, so having to "childproof" a space for my own sake (and not all for a child) is not unfamiliar to me. :)

    I hope your knee feels better!

    ReplyDelete