Monday, February 8, 2010

Half empty


Everywhere I go I see perfect set ups for incline pull-ups. Like this road block here -- which I happened upon in Park Slope, only there were TWO of these bad boys all lined up for me. How awesome would it be if I had just plopped down in the middle of the street and started pumping them lats?

And then I started thinking: it's a sign from god. Our road blocks are just opportunities to get stronger, right? So what's yours?

Mine's drinking. Straight up. Not like I need Dr. Drew to intervene or anything, but I do miss that glass of wine to take the edge off. Now I take the edge off with jumps, which is super awesome when you have to pay for your own heat in a super drafty apartment (who knew? Skippin' is the most economical way to steam up!).

However, allow me to introduce you to my new addiction:


Yummm...just looking at that cup makes me want to go to sleep so I can wake up and get me some.

Patrick told us that he used to drink tons of coffee when he first started PCP, and like, it's awesome and everything, especially in this cold (clutching a cup while you commute is such a good hand warmer) but I'm pretty sure these four cups a day (often coupled with a ton of raw veggies) are burning up my insides and eating away at my liver or something. But because of the three measly hours of sleep that I got last night, I could still put my head down on this desk and sleep through winter...

But have I mentioned that this apartment emptiness (we still gots no furniture) is awesome for jumping? I just finished two workouts because I missed yesterday (exhaustion, exhaustion, I still had my eyeliner on when I finally caught some zzzss) and tried Patrick's trick (pointing our toes up instead of down). It feels better on the knees, which were aching like mad last week, but I tripped up a lot. Then I almost broke my door frame trying to set up that pull-up bar.

You can't escape me pull ups. One day, I'll get you.

BTW: Here's a list of fun things you can do during those 15-20 second breaks between sets that you always feel like skipping:

1. Apply a fresh layer of top coat (all the dish washing is ruining the manicures, so take some preventative measure people)
2. Flip through your TV channels and laugh condescendingly at that dude selling that crazy looking ab torture contraption, then realize that you're enlightened and don't need to condescend, then wonder what it would be like if Oprah tried the PCP (we'd ALL be famous, ya hear?)
3. Marinate your dinner protein in... every spice in your cupboard.
4. Read them blogs. I love reading your blogs when I feel like quitting!








4 comments:

  1. As we get towards the end the coffee might get cut so don't get too dependent on it.

    A few cups a day have been shown to have no negative side effects though! We'll be cutting it for different reasons. (water retention)

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are incredibly fast applying that nail polish!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with you on the coffee, or rather tea. I'm British so I cannot wake up/think/cope without some tea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. a little late to the party here, but can I just tell you how much I miss gorilla coffee! my god, they need to come to my rinky-dink german town...

    ReplyDelete